School is out for the summer!

The school year has come to a close! It's been a great year from the Principal's office. I came in with a number of ideas based on the conversations I had this summer with families and staff members. I was able to support many of them but not 100% of them. Still, I love that I saw field trips back in the milieu. We already have some grade levels planning trips for next year! We saw the return of dances (thank you Student Council), and plenty of new academic challenges. The staff led the revival of STEAM night, which may have been one of my favorite evenings of the school year. And we were fortunate to have tremendous community involvement. Thanks to our volunteers, we were able to reopen the library. Families supported the reclamation of our outdoor spaces with plans to continue and expand. Our new PTA board recreated itself and was tremendously successful in supporting our building's efforts! On top of all this, we saw a resurgence in after-school activities, many in partnership with Princeton Rec, including Lego League, Woodworking, The Wizard of OZ, and too many more to mention. Middle School was new to me and so having sports teams was wonderful. I loved watching the kids learn and grow in Cross Country (the banner is coming!), Basketball, and Track & Field. One goal Mrs. DiFonso and I shared this year was in creating more opportunities to share the great work happening in the building each day. It's not too late to follow us on Instagram (@tpswarriors). But really, overall, my hope was to make TPS a fun and enjoyable place to grow and learn. I hope your children feel like that was a success! I'm looking forward to next year! Enjoy the summer break and the opportunity to spend time with your children. I will reach out mid-summer with updates and plans for Popsicles on the Playground and the return to school! 

As you ride off into the sunset or summer vacation, I wanted to bring it to your attention that the website has been updated with grade-level supply lists and summer reading recommendations. It's important for the kids to have summers off and rest but it is also important that they keep reading. If supplies become a financial issue for anyone, please don't hesitate to reach out. We have structures in place to support you and your child. 


Attention parents of rising 5th through 8th graders: We will be adjusting our specials schedule next year to try and maximize opportunities for our musicians in Band, Chorus, and Strings. To this end, I ask that families with students rising into 5th through 8th grade take a few minutes to talk to their student(s) and complete this survey once for each child. The intention is to have access to band and chorus twice every four days. Strings will be able to be seen weekly! 

The Electronic Folder

The Months Ahead: 

  • Hopefully filled with blue skies and smiles! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New year, same great experience!

All the things!

Fun Run!